The Virginia DECA Foundation Board of Directors is comprised of up to 24 dedicated and motivated individuals representing the following categories:
- Up to 12 individuals representing the business community
- Four current classroom marketing teacher-coordinators
- Two retired marketing classroom teacher-coordinators
- One representative from the Virginia DECA Board of Trustees
- One representative from the Virginia Association of Retired Educators
- One consultant from the Marketing Education Community
- The President of Virginia DECA
- The Virginia DECA Specialist
- The Virginia DECA State Association Advisor
Three (3) Virginia DECA Foundation Board Meetings are held each year (fall, winter and spring). The fall meeting is a one-day meeting usually held in Charlottesville. The meeting is generally held from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m. Lunch is provided.
The winter and spring meetings are telephone conference call meetings.
Ad hoc sub-committees are occasionally formed and these meetings are scheduled and held as necessary.